< Return to We’re Hiring page
Location: United States, Remote
Travel Required: Up to 80%
Job Type: Full-Time
Order Management. It’s at the heart of great fulfillment operations. Both B2C and B2B. Yet configuration, tweaking, and optimal performance of IBM Sterling Order Management System (Sterling OMS) requires a certain level of technical expertise, and understanding the business processes it supports.
As a seasoned Technical Architect, you understand the importance of forming strong relationships with the C-Suite and key stakeholders to push projects forward, and use your deep knowledge of Sterling OMS to guide their decisions.
You’ll be responsible for ensuring IBM OMS plays nicely with other systems, such as eCommerce platforms, databases, ERPs, payment gateways, and Warehouse Management Systems (to name a few), to ensure stable, accurate data flow between applications.
Specifically the Technical Architect will be responsible for:
- Architectural solution design
- Architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps to ensure optimal application performance
- Working with the Business and IT to understand current and future goals, recommend the technology stacks needed to meet those goals and collaborate on migration plans
- Acting as a team lead and manage components of the project
- Working closely with customers to help influence and guide their decisions.
Your Technical Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- 5 years of experience as a Technical Architect for IBM Sterling Order Management System, Manhattan Order Management, or related supply chain applications.
- UNIX and Windows operating systems
- UNIX Shell, XML, SQL
- Java programming
- Relational database experience (Oracle, DB2 or SQL)
- J2EE architecture
What we expect
- Develop strong, influential, C-Suite relationships. Build their trust.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with customers and colleagues. Always be responsive.
- Provide status updates regularly, and raise issues early. Nobody likes to be blindsided.
- Ask questions, don’t assume. It saves a lot of misunderstanding and time.
- Submit timesheets and expenses on time. Don’t be the employee that delays billing.
- Be a mentor to others. Share your knowledge and strengthen our team.
- Work with other teams, like Sales, Product Development and Customer Support, to increase the quality of our services and products. We’re always looking to improve.
What to expect
- Most of your time will be spent on-site at customers. Most likely in the United States, but it could also be somewhere in Canada, Europe or Asia. The ability to travel is essential.
- Some of your time will be spent on remote customer support. So, good internet access and a quiet space to work and take calls at home is key.
- Our customers and employees are located around the world, so you may need to work with resources across multiple time zones.
- You’ll learn a lot, and your ideas will be appreciated. We can’t wait to solve problems with you.
At Bridge Solutions Group we pride ourselves on solving the challenges that leave others scratching their heads. We love what we do, and our customers too. Interested in joining us?
Please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.
Bridge Solutions Group is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.